Clumsy…clumsy…clumsy!!!

After three days in lovely Strasbourg I can safely say this is when I’ll fill up my “embarrassing moments” archives to last a lifetime of stories and laughs. The city is simply adorable: the perfect combination of German and French architecture over 100 years old functioning with the perks of modernity. It is incredibly diverse, truly international and multi-cultural, so the “ambiance” is simply perfect for me. My interaction with the city, however, is not all natural yet (and well, its only been three days). As was seen when I tried to use the automatic cashier to pay for a notebook (two people had to come help), and when I tried to order the check (I completely forgot the thousands of skits done in the practicums). Best of all was trying to open the door of my host family’s house with the key (I could not do it!). Well, it has been funny all around, and all I can do is laugh at myself and look forward to the time when this will all be automatic. You can never really prepare yourself for cultural immersion, no matter how many books you read and how many movies you watch, it’s not the same until you go out there and do it. So I can only keep trying until I get it right, that’s the important part.

2 Replies to “Clumsy…clumsy…clumsy!!!”

1. Pingback: MILTON
  2. Pingback: BRIAN