Pre-crossing the Atlantic

The countdown is now 3 days until crossing the Atlantic for an entire year, and there are a ZILLION things racing through my head. It is not so much that I won’t see my family often, since coming down to sunny Dominican Republic is something I can only afford in December (Thank God in December!), but it’s pretty much everything else. The rhythm will be totally different. Right now the superficial questions are: what do I pack for? How do they dress? How do I greet my host family? My way (kiss and hug), or their way (three kisses!)? How do I recover from jet-lag? What if I get lost on the train to my language classes? What if I don’t understand A THING they say? And I can keep going. But most of all, I am just extremely exited. I am literally going to start a new life, outside my comfort zone at home and at school. I will once again go to a school where I will get lost, instead of going through Stein and O’Kane which are memorized like the palm of hand. Scary and exiting days are ahead, but right now, I have to pack and enjoy my last days on my sunny island!

A bien tot!