Publand II

So my trip was not limited to London. Because I was mainly in Manchester, I was able to travel around Northern Publand and see the REAL UK. First we went to Liverpool, famous Liverpool. It does have a charm to it: it’s next to the water and consequently the nicest part borders the sea. There are several unique museums, like the Slavery Museum, only one in the UK I think. It’s nice to walk around as well. They also have the largest Protestant Cathedral in the world and a nice Chinatown. It is very small though, even for me. You can see all there is to see in 4 hours.

Next stop was Leeds. Leeds is also very much like Manchester but a bit nicer. For some reason the streets seemed more lively and colorful, and there was not sun so that wasn’t it. In Leeds we did not do the museums, we went to pubs instead. Since we had some friends from highschool studying there, we let them take us to different pubs. The best one was a boat in the middle of downtown Leeds, an actual boat next to a mall with a really nice interior design that made you feel like the ocean was right outside. I also ate something I had not eaten in a while and I never thought I’d miss: an American burger with curly fries. Go figure.

Liverpool Slavery Museum

So after a nice two weeks I came back to Strasbourg and resumed my routine really fast. Classes are now decided, work goes on, and my ‘scoutism’ is still in action. We also had a ‘cultural’ outing with Malou to the Tomi Ungerer Museum. This time we saw a temporary exhibition that was really nice. We also had time to catch up and we finalized the schedule. That made me realize that the end if France is right around the corner. Now it’s March and my mother is coming! So I have to redo Paris with her but this time I will be the guide. Given my lack of orientation I have prepared an extensive list with directions and maps. So Paris is up this Thursday! Might as well enjoy France while it lasts!

A la prochaine!

3 Replies to “Publand II”

1. Pingback: MORRIS
  2. Pingback: ANDY
  3. Pingback: KURT