Paris vs. Strasbourg

This weekend I went to Paris for the first time in my life, so naturally, I have a few things to share. The city is without a doubt beautiful; there is art everywhere. Every building is majestic because it can either be 200 years old or very modern. The people are stylish beyond conception; it really is like a fashion show. Café’s are in every corner and the food is amazing. Not to mention THE things to see in Paris, like the Tour Eiffel, the Arc de Triomphe, Camps Elysees. It is just pleasing to the eye. The Louvre is incredibly BIG, to the point where I spent about seven hours and I only saw half of the museum. And I am not an art critique so I could only stare at a piece in awe. Because I met a friend who goes to another school and is doing a semester in Paris, it was natural to compare between her program and mine.

Tour Eiffel

I am happy to say that I like mine better. Of course, Paris is Paris, it is not Strasbourg, and the Sorbone is no Université de Strasbourg, but Strasbourg is a place that feels like home to me already and I could never see that happening in Paris. Parisians are much too cold for my taste, whereas people in Strasbourg are much more helpful and humble. Paris is ridiculously expensive, to the point where a Café au Lait cost 5 euro. So if I were in Paris, I would be way too worried about money to enjoy my life. Life in Strasbourg is much more relaxed, clean and quiet. Of course, some people adore intense city life, but I did not grow up in New York, and I find that Strasbourg has the perfect mélange of city life and provincial life. So, I am glad that I can escape to Paris every now and then, but it sure is lovely to come back to Strasbourg.

One Reply to “Paris vs. Strasbourg”

1. Pingback: WALTER