FINALS

May 10th, 2010 smpian11

Yes, it’s finals time! One down, three to go. However that is not what I want to tell you guys today. Today I would like to share what I consider to be my single most exciting moment in a class at the Poli Sci Institute. You see, contrary to what I expected, professors here do not ever touch upon sensitive issues for the French, so nothing ever happens beyond the structured lecture. During the last class, however, things were different.

During the two-hour Political Geography one thing led to another and a student asked the professor what he thought about France wanting to forbid the burka in all public places. Silence. Then he spoke. And what is eve better, I agree with him. “I suppose I am more of an anglo-saxon man when it comes to individual liberties,” he says. Why? “Because there are certain inalienable rights that cannot be transgressed in France or anywhere else. What do people care is a woman decides to cover her face? It’s her choice.” And he even said the French all-time favorite phrase: “On s’en fut.” (Who cares!…It sounds cooler in French).

At all times he kept saying that this topics surpassed the lecture but he just kept on explaining why he believed it was complete insanity. His strongest point (and mine) is that Sarkozy is so lousy at finding escape-goats (and one is needed NOW due to the Greece bailout) that he has to blame it on the poor Muslim women. It was wonderful, the best way to end the year. Of course, at HC that happens pretty much weekly :P

So yes, classes ended for good. Exams in the process….

2 Responses to “FINALS”

1. FERNANDO says:

CheapTabletsOnline.Com. Canadian Health&Care.Special Internet Prices.Best quality drugs.No prescription online pharmacy. No prescription pills. Buy drugs online

Buy:Buspar.Lipitor.Female Pink Viagra.Lasix.Nymphomax.SleepWell.Cozaar.Ventolin.Benicar.Acomplia.Aricept.Prozac.Lipothin.Advair.Zetia.Amoxicillin.Wellbutrin SR.Female Cialis.Zocor.Seroquel….

2. JESUS says:

NEW FASHION store. Original designers collection at low prices!!! 20 % TO 70 % OFF. END OF SEASON SALE!!!

BUY FASHION. TOP BRANDS: GUCCI, DOLCE&GABBANA, BURBERRY, DIESEL, ICEBERG, ROBERTO CAVALLI, EMPORIO ARMANI, VERSACE…